Saturday, 1 January 2011

Wh.. wh.. where.. what.. why ... when is this place?

Blog. The first. Just a way of putting what's in my head down........ or.......... just a way of putting down what's in my head in other people's heads?..... or both. And what else? Well surely that's the whole point, fun and excitement? Otherwise why am I here, in a cold dining room in Sheffield on a January morning at 5.30?
'Speedy Spells" we call them in my family. Times when I can't sleep, I'm full of ideas and or worries and if I don't use some well worn strategies I inflict my Speedy Spell on everyone. Since I've stopped teaching I don't seem to get them, at least this is the first I can remember since finishing at 'the Joy Division' as school was unaffectionately known.
I'm going to control what energy and time I've gained by retiring at 56 is the key to all I want to do: this blog is about all the art (or Art) I've put off to live the 'straight' life I have for the last 32 years. Am I equal to the task? Well that always been my problem - plenty of good, even great ideas but for whatever reasons not following things through or at least further.
So here's the first theme further.
And what could be further than the view off the walls of the medieval cite de Thouars?

No comments:

Post a Comment